Why Should I Consider Joining Vocal Matrix?
If you love to sing, enjoy a challenge, are willing to learn, and want to be part of a high performance team, Vocal Matrix Chorus is for you! Read on to find out more about our chorus, audition requirements, frequently asked questions, and our chorus Vision and Values via the document at the end of this page.
Please contact us to inquire about joining. We'd love to hear from you!
Benefits of Chorus Membership
- Sing with one of Upstate South Carolina's premier a cappella vocal groups
- Ongoing quality vocal instruction
- Performance / showmanship training
- Improve self esteem and confidence
- Make new lasting friendships
- Fun and rewarding Monday night singing
- Learn a variety of songs
- Improve your health and fitness (singing is a physical activity!)
- High quality learning media
- One night during the week that is for just for you!
- Coaching by international vocal and performance coaches
- Performance opportunities
- An escape from the everyday
Are You Ready To Learn?
Monday nights are very educational and you will learn about:
- Posture and breathing
- Vowel sounds and diphthongs
- Rhythm and tempo
- Showmanship and physical expression
- Much more!
You Might Be Asking...
Do I need to read music?
While music reading skills are useful, it is not a requirement to be able to read music, as we provide access to audio learning tracks on our Members-only website. However it is helpful to know what the notes are on the page. We also provide access to the sheet music.
Do I need to be a "trained" singer?
No. The requirements to join are the ability to sing in tune, and to “hold your part”. We all have to start somewhere.
Is it for me?
We have members from all walks of life and in all stages of their lives. As long as you love singing, enjoy a challenge, are willing to learn, and want to be part of a high performance team, Vocal Matrix Chorus is for you!